Wednesday, February 6, 2013

CIS 3810 Post 1

Hey guys, my name is Nene Mariama Balde. I am from Guinea, West Africa. I haven't been here for a long time but, during the past 3 years, I have learned that people have certain stereotypes or wrong images about Africa. Just like there is the idea that all Muslim are terrorists or Blacks are criminals, people also think that Africans live in the jungle or with lions wearing no clothes and eating monkeys. For the past 3 years, I have been asked all kind of questions from, do you live in trees? To do you dress with leaves or walk around naked? I was so chocked the first time I was asked these questions that I immediately deducted that these people were really dumb. But then, I realize that it was just ignorance. It came to a point that I understood that certain people aren't sure if Africa is a continent or a country. So, to shed some lights on this subject, I decided to make my blog about what Africa is really. For those who wants some news about Africa, here is a link you could check out. http://topics.bloomberg.com/africa/

2 comments:

  1. Good luck and hopefully, this will educate others about our great continent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol... This remind me when i was leaving in Morocco.They were asking me those crazy questions.And my father also told that when he was studying at Tunis people asked him the same things,and that is like 40 years ago..Today in this 21 century people still asked these stupid questions about Africa.Unbelievable..Well they better start being smart.And I hope your blog will help to educate them..

    ReplyDelete